Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Trade in the good old sandwich for something more exciting. Toasted bread with a stuffing of cheesy eggplants, basil mayonnaise and red peppers.
Ingredients Of Grilled Eggplant Panini
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 1/2-inch eggplant slices (about 1 small)
- 1/2 Tsp garlic salt
- 8 slices of bread
- 8 thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced jarred roasted bell peppers
- 4 thin sliced onions
How to Make Grilled Eggplant Panini
- 1.Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2.Combine mayonnaise and basil in a small bowl.
- 3.Using 1 tablespoon oil, lightly brush both sides of eggplant and sprinkle each slice with garlic salt.
- 4.With the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, brush one side of each slice of bread.
- 5.Grill the eggplant for 6 minutes, turn with a spatula, top with cheese, and continue grilling until
- 6.the cheese is melted and the eggplant is tender, about 4 minutes more.
- 7.Toast the bread on the grill, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- To Assemble Sandwiches:
- 1.Spread basil mayonnaise on four slices of bread.
- 2.Top with the cheesy eggplant, red peppers, onion and the remaining slices of bread.
- 3.Cut in half and serve warm.