Kidney is the most important of the body organs that helps in flushing out the toxins and waste from the body through urine. Further, it also takes care of other functions as well like regulating the other parts of the body, maintaining the acidity, producing urine and filtering the blood. When the kidney is infected, it may not be able to function properly. If this is not treated soon enough, then it can lead to kidney infections and other life-threatening problems.
Here, we have listed some of the top effective natural remedies to prevent kidney infections. Kidney infection is an infection that starts in the bladder and urethra and spreads to the kidneys. Some of the top symptoms of this disease include fever, groin pain, abdominal pain, frequent urination, burning sensation while urinating, blood in urine, fatigue, fever, nausea, loss of appetite, redness of the skin, etc.
Kidney infection occurs when the bacteria sneaks to the urinary tract through the tube which carries urine. The symptoms of kidney infection get worse when the bacteria begin to multiply. An infection can result in the damage of the kidneys and therefore result in chronic kidney disease. So, continue reading this article to know more about the top natural remedies to prevent kidney infections.
1. Parsley Juice:
Flushing out the toxins from the kidney helps in preventing kidney infection to a big extent. Parsley juice is known to be an effective remedy to treat kidney infection. Parsley is an incredible source of nutrients like vitamins A, B, C, sodium, potassium, thiamine, copper and riboflavin and hence helps in the prevention of kidney disease.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is another excellent home remedy to treat kidney infection. You can mix ACV with honey and this brings more effectiveness to this remedy. Patients with kidney infection are advised to consume this mixture regularly.
3. Fruit Juice: Fruit juice also helps with the cleansing of kidneys. Drinking a fruit juice every day helps in getting rid of the toxins, waste, infectious agents and particles from the body that helps in preventing the occurrence of kidney infection.
4. Herbal Tea: Herbal tea is known to be an amazing remedy to treat kidney infections. Teas like chamomile tea, hibiscus tea, etc., also help to keep off several kidney diseases at bay. It is recommended to drink this tea twice in a day for better results. This is one of the best natural remedies to prevent a kidney infection.
5. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera can be used for the prevention of kidney infection as well kidney diseases. Aloe vera helps in flushing the toxins, waste, infectious agents and other particles from the body. Hence it best advised to consume aloe vera juice twice a day.
6. Cranberry Juice: This is an effective remedy for treating all kinds of kidney diseases and infections. You can consume cranberry juice without added sugar as a sweetened one can decrease the benefits of cranberry juice and lead to other health problems.
7. Vitamin C: Increase in vitamin C helps in balancing the acidic levels in the body. It is also a beneficial solution that helps you treat kidney infection naturally. Vitamin C also helps in stopping the bacterial growth. Eating oranges and other citrus fruits that are rich in vitamin C is recommended to prevent kidney infection. It is one of the best remedies known for kidney infection.
8. Water: If you suffer from kidney infection, it is important to keep yourself hydrated. Water helps in getting rid of the toxins, waste, infectious agents, etc., from the kidneys. This helps in getting rid of the toxins through the urinary tract in the form of urine.
9. Baking Soda: This helps in increasing the levels of bicarbonate in the kidney. Add one spoon of baking soda in eight ounces of water. Drink this solution during the day and this helps in treating the infection. Baking soda solution helps in relaxing and promoting the kidneys’ function.
10. Garlic: Garlic has diuretic properties that help in keeping the kidney diseases at bay. Including garlic to your diet helps in alleviating the symptoms of kidney infection. Garlic contains allicin that is rich in anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help in warding off the infection.
11. Turmeric: Turmeric helps in speeding up the healing process. The reason being, turmeric contains curcumin, which has antibacterial properties. Further, turmeric solution helps in stopping the growth of bacteria or microbes.
12. Ginger: Ginger helps in treating kidney infections naturally and effectively. It contains gingerols that are laden with anti-bacterial properties. This helps in stopping the bacterial growth in the kidneys. For curing kidney infection, you can take ginger tea every day. It is one of the top known home remedies for kidney infection.
13. Diet: You need to follow a restricted diet if you suffer from a kidney infection. It is recommended not to consume a diet rich in glucose or sugar. The reason being, sugar can make the bacteria develop. You need to avoid foods like biscuits, cakes, chocolates, alcohol, and aerated drinks.
14. Urinate Frequently: Frequently urinating also helps in getting rid of the harmful bacteria, free radicals and viruses from the body through urine. This helps in getting rid of the kidney stones and other kidney diseases as well. In order to urinate frequently, you’ll have to keep yourself hydrated with water and fluids regularly.
15. Proper Hygiene: Proper hygiene is very much necessary to treat kidney infections. This will keep off several infections in the kidney, bladder and urethra. Patients down with an infection should also maintain proper hygiene to prevent the spreading of harmful bacteria to the other parts or the organs of the body.